These Brooklyn Landlords Actually Take Care Of Their Buildings
BROOKLYN, NY — Brooklyn is rife with landlords who let their tenants languish in dilapidated apartments or even try to force them out. But they’re not all bad — Brick Underground published a list of 14 landords in the borough who actually take care of their buildings.
The website partnered with Rentlogic, which grades apartment buildings based on health and safety standards, to identify Brooklyn’s best landlords.
Rentlogic culled information from the city’s Department of Housing Preservation and Development website to determine whose buildings racked up the fewest maintenance violations over the last four years.
The list is a positive spin on Public Advocate Letitia James’ annual list of New York City’s 100 worst landlords, which shines a harsh spotlight on property owners with the most violations.
Most of the lauded landlords own buildings in North Brooklyn neighborhoods such as Fort Greene, Brooklyn Heights and Park Slope, though some operate in further-afield areas such as East New York and Bay Ridge.
Many of them have open listings, so Brooklyn apartment hunters should keep these names in mind.
Here’s the full list of Brooklyn’s 14 best landlords.
- Berman Realty, Brooklyn Heights and Park Slope
- iBEC Living, Crown Heights, Fort Greene and Boerum Hill
- Rabsky Group, Williamsburg, Clinton Hill, Greenpoint and Greenwood Heights
- Zuzu Property Management, Greenpoint, Bushwick, Williamsburg and East Williamsburg
- Arnold Rosenshein, Park Slope
- Two Trees, Dumbo, Fort Greene, Williamsburg, Brooklyn Heights and Cobble Hill
- Jonathan Holman, Park Slope, Brooklyn Heights, Boerum Hill, Fort Greene, Clinton Hill and Carroll Gardens
- Kotsonis Management, Park Slope, Prospect Heights and Greenwood Heights
- Isidore Miller, Bushwick and East New York
- Chryseda Associates, Park Slope, Prospect Heights, South Slope and Bay Ridge
- Stacey Athanail, Bensonhurst and Bay Ridge
- Three-way tie:
Heritage Equity Partners, Williamsburg and Crown Heights
Forest City, Prospect Heights and Fort Greene
Red Apple Group, Fort Greene